Transferwise to send money to India and other countries
Transferwise is an very good alternative to send and request money internationally.
Set up a transfer on your TransferWise profile
1. Begin by entering the amounts and currencies you want to send in the TransferWise calculator on our home page or in the one shown when you click “send money” once signed into your TransferWise profile. Then, click “continue”.
2. On step 2 of 5, select who will be the sender of your money – you or your business. Click “continue”.
3. The next step, “Who are you sending money to?”, will ask for your recipient’s bank account details. Enter them and click “continue”.
4. Confirm your social security number and upload any verification documents we request. Once uploaded, the will be confirmed within two working days.
5. Once you’ve reached step 5 of 5, you can chose how you’d like to pay your money into TransferWise.
You can pay by,
– ACH bank debit
– Wire transfer to our US bank account
– SWIFT bank transfer to our International account
How Safe Is TransferWise?
Without the tightest of security, there is no TransferWise. It’s as important to us as it is to you.
1. TransferWise is authorized by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Firm Reference 900507) for the issuing of electronic money.
2. We use only trusted, highly regulated banks for transferring our customers’ money. Your money and our company resources are always kept in separate accounts.
3. We have a specialized, regularly trained team that constantly reviews processes that ensure we are fortified against the latest safety threats.
4. All your transactions are protected by industry standard HTTPS encryption.